The Terry Center for Memory Care
The Terry Center is named in memory of Dr. W.S. Terry, a native Jeffersonian who returned to his hometown after medical school. The staff of Magnolia Place feels privileged to name The Terry Center in honor of an outstanding physician who dedicated many years of service to Marion County.
In our secured memory unit, we provide expert and attentive care for those with varying degrees of dementia or Alzheimer’s. We provide a safe and nurturing environment that has routines in place to create a stress-free lifestyle, safety features to ensure the health of each resident, and programs designed to improve and preserve cognitive skills.
- Staffing expertise and regular training in Alzheimer’s/dementia care
- Innovative programming (such as aromatherapy, robotic pets and dolls, and music therapy) to improve agitation, stimulate brain function, and reduce the need for antipsychotic medications
- Secure, beautifully landscaped courtyard
- Freedom of movement without restraint
- Above-average staff to resident ratio
- Specialized bowel and bladder programs